As you may know, the cloud computing market is currently dominated by Amazon Web Services (AWS) with a share of 47.1%. Since AWS is by far the largest provider of cloud services in the world today, an AWS Solutions Architect job is surely the one with plenty of promises and pay. It is quickly becoming the gold standard of the cloud. Hence, if you are one of those wishing to make a flourishing career in the burgeoning field of cloud technology, this is the right time to dive into knowing the nitty-gritty of AWS and understanding the prime requisites that you need to fulfill to get started on the path to being an AWS Solution Architect.
Eligibility and Skills Required
There are no minimum eligibility criteria to get trained on AWS Cloud. But to be an AWS Solution Architect, you will ideally need to have a strong background in a similar technical area. Hopefully, you are already comfortable with most of the following concepts. If not, some initial study is recommended before you tackle the Cloud Architect or the Solution Architect role.
- One is recommended to have a good knowledge of at least one of these operating systems – Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. Prior experience in any of the well-known operating systems will help you. Also, you need to be familiar with the pros and cons of using different operating systems.
- A good understanding of networking (TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS) is required before pursuing a role as a cloud architect.
- You will need a minimal understanding of a programming language. If you don’t have prior experience in this department, don’t worry. It is a recommended skill and not a must.
- Security is an important part of the cloud. Hence, a high-level understanding of key security concepts (like firewalls) is a must to be a cloud architect.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an AWS Solutions Architect, you will be required to help develop advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing workloads to the cloud. But that’s not it, read on to find out more about the workload of a cloud architect:
- Problem Solving: A major responsibility of this job requires designing solutions to meet customers’ needs and business goals. As a Solutions Architect, you will formulate solution plans and provide guidance on AWS architectural best practices. Your days will be spent on the arrangement and design of scalable, highly attainable, and fault tolerant solutions on AWS.
- Constant Learning and Researching: Like other technologies, AWS is constantly evolving. Hence, your typical day might involve learning and researching about the latest services and features launched by AWS. You will definitely have trusted experts to help you with the updates and best practices to overcome challenges. Still, you’ll need additional training to stay current with the solution and recent changes.
- Meetings: As an AWS Solutions Architect, your job will not only involve architecting behind the desk but also meeting the sales and/or customers. These meetings can be in-person or conference calls. Your work will depend on the level of customers’ AWS adoption level.
- A Lot of Variety: An AWS Solutions Architect does too many different tasks. One day you might be reviewing existing environments or planning new ones and the next day you could be in meetings or even traveling onsite to meet the customers. Also, you might be required to write scripts, work on migrations, keep up with new AWS features, and even troubleshoot.
In a nutshell, a Solutions Architects analyze, understand, and simplify complicated problems to component challenges and then they design solutions to solve those challenges. Here’s how you can get started with the AWS Solutions Architect Role:
The career outlook for an AWS Solutions Architect is outstanding with so many jobs available in the job market. The possibilities are endless. With the continued exponential growth forecasted over the next few years, having strong skills on AWS will get you multiple options to move up the career ladder and earn better perks and rewards.
But when it comes to becoming a professional on AWS Cloud Computing, one needs proper guidance and exposure to real-life situations. Hence, at ScholarsPro, we conduct an AWS Solutions Architect Certification Training Program which is intended to provide the aspirants with the detailed knowledge about design, architectural principles, and the technical skills as recommended by Amazon. Besides providing you with a comprehensive understanding of the AWS concepts, the program will also enable you to practice on live projects based on selected use cases. You will learn the key concepts, latest trends, and the best practices for working with the AWS architecture.
Why stay back then? Give wings to your ambitions with ScholarsPro’s AWS Solutions Architect Training Program.